Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chicken Chicken

Since I'm in an apparent cooking bug/blogging mode today I'll share what I'm making for dinner tomorrow. This is one that can be made the night before and takes an hour to bake. It's easy and tasted divine! I got this from Christy over at Southern Plate. She has the best recipies and they are easy,cheap,and taste great! I highly suggest checking her out. Plus I love how "southern" she is and so enjoy reading her posts. Oh and this ranks good on the "husband scale" by that I mean my husband doesn't get excited over much but this got a "pretty good make it again ranking" that doesn't sound like much I know but from him it's high praise.

Chicken Poulet

  • 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
  • 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/2 C Mayo
  • 1/4 C Green Onions
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 stick margarine
  • 2 Cups Chicken Broth (a )) ounce can
  • 16 ounce pkg Peppridge Farm corn bread stuffing mix
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • Sprinkling of salt
Melt stick of margarine in cup of water by heating in the microwave. Place stuffing mix in bowl. Pour water and margarine over and stir. Add 2 eggs and chicken broth, stir.
In separate bowl, combine shredded chicken, mayo, and onions. Stir well.
Place 1/2 of stuffing mix in bottom of a 9×13 pan. Top with all of chicken mixture. Dash salt over chicken. Top with remaining stuffing mix. Beat together remaining two eggs and milk. Pour over mixture in pan. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least eight hours.
Before baking, remove cover and spread cream of mushroom soup over top. Place in 350 oven, uncovered, and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and top with shredded cheese. Return for another five minutes, or until cheese is melted.

No comments: